PROCEDURES FOR REPAIRING FIELD DAMAGED AREAS AND COATING CUT ENDS OF CERAMAPURE™ PL90 CERAMIC EPOXY LINED PIPE AND FITTINGS
1. Remove burrs caused by field cutting of ends or handling damage and smooth out the edge of the lining if rough.
2. Remove all traces of oil, grease, asphalt, dust, dirt, chalking, etc.
3. Remove any damaged lining caused by field cutting operations or handling, and clean any exposed metal by sanding or scraping, sandblasting or power tool cleaning roughening is also acceptable. It is recommended that any loose lining be removed by chiseling, cutting, or scraping into well-adhered coated area before patching. Be sure to roughen and overlap at least 1" of lining in the area to be repaired.
4. With the area to be sealed or repaired cleaned and suitably roughened, apply a coat of Ceramapure™PL90 Ceramic Epoxy using the following procedure:
5. It is important to coat the entire freshly cut exposed metal surface of the cut pipe end. To ensure proper sealing, overlap at least one inch of the lining with this repair material.
Mixing Procedure - Ceramapure™PL90 Ceramic Epoxy is a two-component epoxy consisting of two cans labeled Part A Base and Part B Activator. Add the contents of Part B Activator into the contents of Part A Base. Immediately mix thoroughly. Mixed material must be used within one hour of mixing at 80°F decreasing with higher temperature. For smaller quantities, mix components at a 1:1 blend ratio.
Application of Material - After the material has been thoroughly mixed, it can be applied to the prepared surface by brush. Brushing is usually best due to the fact that the areas to be repaired are usually small .No Repair shall take place when the substrate or ambient temperature is below 40° F. The surface also must be dry and dust free. Practices conducive to a good lining are contained in the technical data sheet for Ceramapure™PL 90 Ceramic Epoxy.
CERAMAPURE™ PL 90 REPAIR EPOXY TECHNICAL DATA
DESCRIPTION: A brushable epoxy designed for sealing cut ends and repairs when pipes are lined with Ceramapure™PL90 Ceramic Epoxy.
LIMITATIONS: This material should be used on spigots and in bell sockets only after the pipe or fitting is lined with Ceramapure™PL90 Ceramic Epoxy. Ceramapure™PL 90 Repair Epoxy can be used over Ceramapure™PL90 Ceramic Epoxy or on bare substrate after proper surface preparation.
SURFACE PREPARATION: The surface preparation shall be equal to the specifications for the project or as outlined in the repair procedure.
NOTE: Do not apply Ceramapure™PL90 Repair Epoxy over wet or frozen surfaces.
DRY FILM THICKNESS: As outlined in specifications.
APPLICATION: Brush or Roll
THINNING: Thin or clean up with acetone.
VOLATILE ORGANIC CONTENTS
0.8 lbs/gallon mixed unthinned; 95 grams/liter mixed unthinned.
SAFETY DATA: See individual product label for safety and health data information. Individual Material Safety data Sheets are available upon request.